The wheel hub is an important part of the car, it plays the role of bearing the body and fixing the tire. If the wheel hub is deformed or damaged, it will not only affect the overall image of the car, but also cause hidden dangers, so the daily maintenance of the wheel hub is essential. So what matters should be paid attention to in the maintenance of the wheel hub? When the wheel hub is damaged, how to repair it?
01. Choose a suitable cleaning agent
Household cleaners and common detergents on the market are relatively alkaline or acidic, which is more corrosive to the surface of the wheel. You can choose some neutral soapy water to clean it to avoid the wheel from contacting strong chemicals.
02. Do not wash the wheels if the temperature is too high
When the temperature of the wheel hub is high, it must not be washed directly with cold water. You should wait for it to cool down before cleaning. Otherwise, it will damage the aluminum alloy wheel hub and even deform the brake disc and affect the braking effect. In addition, cleaning the aluminum alloy wheel hub with detergent at high temperature will cause a chemical reaction on the surface of the wheel hub, lose its luster, and affect the appearance of the wheel hub. Use sponges or towels when cleaning aluminum alloy wheels. Do not use brushes with too hard wool. Using iron wire balls to remove stubborn dirt will damage the surface of the wheels.
03. Clean the wheel correctly
When there are stains that are difficult to remove on the surface of the wheel hub, a professional cleaning agent should be used to gently and effectively remove the stains and reduce the damage to the aluminum alloy surface. If the car has been used for a period of time, and a hard, dark brown coking layer has formed on the wheels, then a stronger wheel cleaner should be used. When the wheel hub is stained with tar that is difficult to remove, if the general cleaning agent is not effective, you can try to remove it with a brush, but do not use a brush that is too hard, especially an iron brush, which is easy to damage the surface of the hub.
If the area where your car is located is humid or close to the beach, the wheels should be cleaned frequently to avoid corrosion of the aluminum surface by salt. After cleaning if necessary, the wheel hub can be waxed and maintained to keep it shiny.
04. Develop good driving habits
Owners should pay attention to low obstacles on the road during their daily driving, and avoid getting too close to the roadbed when parking. This will easily cause damage to the wheel hub, which will affect the appearance of the wheel, and the rust-proof coating will be scraped off and affect the waterproof and corrosion resistance. , Which deforms the wheel hub and affects driving.
1. Check the scar. If there is no damage to the inner side of the wheel hub, use paint thinner to wipe around the scar to remove dirt. When cleaning, in order to prevent irrelevant parts from being stained with paint, you can stick adhesive tape around the scar.
2. Use the tip of a brush to paint on the damaged part of the wheel hub. After it is dried, it will shrink slightly, and it will protrude for observation during painting.
3. After the finishing paint is completely dry, use water-resistant paper dipped in soapy water to apply it to make the surface smooth.
4. After wiping with water-resistant paper, wipe out the light with the mixture, and then wax.
Car wheels are an important part of supporting car tires, and tires are elements that directly contact the ground. Therefore, wheel manufacturers remind car owners not to forget the maintenance of the wheels during daily maintenance of the car. The driving car should be cleaned at least once a week. , If you are scratched by a hard object while driving, go to a professional repair shop to repair the wheel hub and pay attention to the maintenance of the key parts of your car to ensure your travel.